Re: [Linphone-developers] Picture Deterioration

From: Simon Morlat
Subject: Re: [Linphone-developers] Picture Deterioration
Date: Fri, 26 Mar 2010 18:51:24 +0100

Hi,

With 17% packet loss you cannot expect to have a good quality.
Packet loss concealement is an algorithm to minimize the effect of
packet losses in AUDIO streams. As far as I know this does not exist
with video streams.
Packet losses are often the result of the hardware transport layer to
drop packets when the bitrate of the stream is too high for the
bandwidth of the link. You can edit the bandwidth settings in the codec
tab of the property box to make them fit current your network
connection. And see if it improves...

Simon