[Linphone-developers] Linphone :- MVL/ARM system issues

From: νιкαѕ gαнℓαη
Subject: [Linphone-developers] Linphone :- MVL/ARM system issues
Date: Thu, 4 Feb 2010 18:11:10 +0530

Hi,

I'm working on an embedded project using montavista Linux 2.6 kernel and we need to manage several different threads via real-time
priorities so we don't get audio skipping etc.
When we set up a thread attributes beforehand to be scheduled explicitly to SCHED_RR using the pthread set_attr_* calls the
resulting thread still thinks it is SCHED_OTHER with priority 0. If we set up the thread attributes inside the thread after it has been
created using pthread_(get/set)schedparam the thread then thinks it is SCHED_RR at the given priority (i.e. get returns what we set it too)
but the thread behavior is completely unchanged.

I have run OSS with highest pthread priority - 99 and msticker at 70. Audio skips seems ok but OSS buffer too much data error still comes freeqently.

Also during compilation in ortp i have changed clock_gettime call with gettimeofday() as clock_gettime was not avaliable.

I would really appreciate if somebody will share their thought  to handle these errors.

One more interesting issue is If i run call b/w 2 device running same my code than audio quality seems ok on receiving side while if some other softphone used than on softphone side voice seems very delayed.

Below are error prints:-
Once OSS buffer error starts no audio heared at all.

While running Linphone with above priority changes I have seen below error quite freequently:-
rtp-message-synchronizing timestamp, diff=-960
ortp-message-synchronizing timestamp, diff=-880
ortp-message-synchronizing timestamp, diff=-880
ortp-message-synchronizing timestamp, diff=-880
ortp-warning-drop fragment when buffer gets too much data (17 - discarded:2048)
ortp-message-synchronizing timestamp, diff=-880
ortp-warning-drop fragment when buffer gets too much data (17 - discarded:4096)
ortp-warning-drop fragment when buffer gets too much data (17 - discarded:6144)
ortp-message-synchronizing timestamp, diff=-880
ortp-warning-drop fragment when buffer gets too much data (17 - discarded:8192)
ortp-message-synchronizing timestamp, diff=-960
ortp-warning-drop fragment when buffer gets too much data (17 - discarded:10240)
ortp-warning-drop fragment when buffer gets too much data (17 - discarded:12288)
ortp-message-synchronizing timestamp, diff=-880
ortp-warning-drop fragment when buffer gets too much data (17 - discarded:14336)
ortp-warning-drop fragment when buffer gets too much data (17 - discarded:16384)
ortp-message-synchronizing timestamp, diff=-880
ortp-warning-drop fragment when buffer gets too much data (17 - discarded:18432)
ortp-warning-drop fragment when buffer gets too much data (17 - discarded:20480)
ortp-message-synchronizing timestamp, diff=-880
ortp-warning-drop fragment when buffer gets too much data (17 - discarded:22528)
ortp-message-synchronizing timestamp, diff=-960
ortp-warning-drop fragment when buffer gets too much data (17 - discarded:24576)
ortp-warning-drop fragment when buffer gets too much data (17 - discarded:26624)
ortp-message-synchronizing timestamp, diff=-880
ortp-warning-drop fragment when buffer gets too much data (17 - discarded:28672)
ortp-warning-drop fragment when buffer gets too much data (17 - discarded:30720)
ortp-message-synchronizing timestamp, diff=-880
ortp-warning-drop fragment when buffer gets too much data (17 - discarded:32768)
ortp-warning-drop fragment when buffer gets too much data (17 - discarded:34816)
ortp-message-synchronizing timestamp, diff=-880

--
Thanks & Regards,
Vikas Gahlan