RE: [Linphone-developers] Linphone customisation

From: Simon Morlat
Subject: RE: [Linphone-developers] Linphone customisation
Date: Thu, 03 Dec 2009 12:43:58 +0100

Le jeudi 03 décembre 2009 à 10:59 +0000, M Walton a écrit :
> Hi Simon,
>
> I have managed to create and build the plugin, however, i have a few
> questions that i think are preventing it from working:
>
> 1) When you say "The plugin must be installed in
> $prefix/lib/mediastreamer/plugins/" - what do you mean by $prefix? i have
> installed it into /lib/mediastreamer/plugins - but it doesnt seem to get
> detected.
>
> Do you mean $linphonec-dir$/libs/mediastreamer/plugins?
>
> Also, is the directory /libs/mediastreamer not /libs/mediastreamer2?

by $prefix I meant the installation prefix (usually /usr or /usr/local),
when you do 'make install' in linphone.
thus the plugin should be in
/usr/local/lib/mediastreamer/plugins/
if you configured linphone with --prefix=/usr it will be in
/usr/lib/mediastreamer/plugins/

> 2) Do i need to register the soundcard AND the two filters? or just the
> soundcard which will in turn register the associated filters?
>
> void liblisgw_init(void){
>     ms_snd_card_manager_register_desc(ms_snd_card_manager_get(),
> &lismore_card_desc);
>     ms_filter_register(&lismore_write_desc);
>     ms_filter_register(&lismore_read_desc);
> }

No need to register the filter if they are instanciated with
ms_filter_new_from_desc (it is only necessary when using ms_filter_new
or ms_filter_new_from_name ).

> 3) do i still need the following two export entries now its not being
> statically linked?
>
> MS_FILTER_DESC_EXPORT(lismore_write_desc);
> and
> MS_FILTER_DESC_EXPORT(lismore_read_desc);

The MS_FILTER_DESC_EXPORT is empty, it's just a marker for an awk script
in mediastreamer2/src/Makefile.am to collect all descs and automatically
generate a header file with them.

> 4) The ID change is now MS_FILTER_PLUGIN_ID for both the read and write
> structs with a category of MS_FILTER_OTHER, is this ok?
That's ok. Category is just indicating whether the filter is an encoder,
a decoder, or something else.

> Many thanks as always
you're welcome