Re: [Linphone-developers] ffmpeg source

From: Chris Vine
Subject: Re: [Linphone-developers] ffmpeg source
Date: Fri, 13 Nov 2009 10:48:55 +0000

On Fri, 13 Nov 2009 09:52:53 +0100
Simon Morlat <address@hidden> wrote:

> My version of x264 is totally compatible with the official x264
> (juste a small extension). However it is a bit old (I did it before
> summer) so maybe x264 has evolved since in a different way.
> Try it, I think it has good chances to work.
>
> Simon
>
> Le vendredi 13 novembre 2009 00:03:30, Chris Vine a écrit :
> > On Thu, 12 Nov 2009 21:00:05 +0100
> > Ah, OK.  I think actually I tried that, and the h264 codec never
> > came up in the preferences dialog for video codecs, but possibly I
> > have that wrong.
> >
> > Would you expect your version of x264 to work OK with the
> > gst-plugins-ugly plugin, as I also need x264 for GMail video?

Thanks.

The minimum version required by gst-plugins-ugly is 0.66, and your
patched one is version 0.67, so in the light of what you say it should
compile.  Whether it will work with the flavour of h264 used by GMail I
will in due course find out.  (I know that that has been problematic,
but recent versions of x264 seem to be OK with GMail.)

Chris