Re: [Linphone-developers] SIP address or phone number:

From: Nathan Stratton
Subject: Re: [Linphone-developers] SIP address or phone number:
Date: Mon, 17 Aug 2009 15:46:04 -0500 (CDT)

On Mon, 17 Aug 2009, Simon Molt wrote:

Hi all,

To clarify:
- tel: is not handled
- sip:84934013849 is resolved as an ENUM (using e164 dns service)
- a number or a username is resolved as 'sip:<number or username>@<my default
proxy> , whenever you are registered or not. If there is no default proxy set,
this is invalid and linphone should throw an error.

A possible improvement would be that, if no default proxy is set, a number is
resolved like an enum, whenever there sip: or not before.
Another possible improvement should be to handle properly tel: .

Any comments ?
Do you actually use the ENUM service ? Personnaly I don't know much people
using it, since setting the number to point to the actual SIP address in the
DNS cannot be done through linphone, only using external interfaces or tools
(that I don't know).

EN UM was a great idea, but never took off. I guess I am suggesting that if tel: is not handled that user should be able to enter 8323303810 rather then sip:address@hidden If sip: and @whatever are not there, linphone should at least try it.

-Nathan