[Linphone-developers] Distorted Image using VPU encoder

From: Code Warrior
Subject: [Linphone-developers] Distorted Image using VPU encoder
Date: Thu, 6 Aug 2009 20:31:55 +0530

Hi,

I'm running Linphone 3.1.2 over i.MX27 platform using VPU encoder (H.263 encoding). I've
integrated the VPU code with Linphone and have been able to get two way video. Problem is
the encoded video is distorted. Investigating more into the issue, i could find that all the I-frames
are displayed correctly but the following P-frames keep getting shifted towards the left. This corrupts the
whole running video. I forced the VPU to send all the I-frames and it worked. Clearly, there seems to be
some issue with encoding of P-frames. YUV image (captured image fed to the encoder) is perfect
and is displayed correctly. So no issue in the captured image as well.

Looks to me some issue with the VPU encoder parameters. While i'm investigating it, any help in this regards
would be appreciated. Has anyone encountered this issue earlier ?

thanks
/csj

Note: I know this is not an iMX forum. But i thought i could get some help here since it is related to Linphone.