[Linphone-developers] strange (to me) code in console/commands.c

From: Jim Diamond
Subject: [Linphone-developers] strange (to me) code in console/commands.c
Date: Thu, 23 Jul 2009 15:59:27 -0300

Hi,

I just compiled 3.1.2.

The response to "status hook" using linphonec or linphonecsh is rather
bizarre: it always tells me "unregistered", but I am expecting
something like "connected" or "dialing" (or even the actual strings
from console/commands.c).

In the code I see

        linphone_core_get_default_proxy(lc,&cfg);
        .
        .
        .
        else if (strstr(args,"hook"))
        {
                gstate_t
call_state=linphone_core_get_state(lc,GSTATE_GROUP_CALL);
                if (!cfg || !linphone_proxy_config_is_registered(cfg)){
                        linphonec_out("unregistered\n");
                        return 1;
                }
                switch(call_state){
                        case GSTATE_CALL_OUT_INVITE:
                                linphonec_out("hook=dialing\n");
                        break;

Is there something I don't understand about The Right Way of doing
things?  That is, why do I care about whether or not I have a proxy
just to see whether the phone is in use or not?  And, even if I care,
is the answer "unregistered" a good response to the question "what is
the hook status"?

I commented out
                if (!cfg || !linphone_proxy_config_is_registered(cfg)){
                        linphonec_out("unregistered\n");
                        return 1;
                }
and things seem to work fine.

Can someone either explain to me why I want that code or confirm that
it shouldn't be there?

Thanks.

                                Jim