Re: [Linphone-developers] file transfer in linphone 3.1.0

From: Harishkumar V
Subject: Re: [Linphone-developers] file transfer in linphone 3.1.0
Date: Thu, 16 Jul 2009 22:48:21 +0530

Hi,

Thats good to start with,
Can u share the code.

also, the steps in integrate with the linphone.

Thanks and Regards,
HarishKumar.V

On Thu, Jul 16, 2009 at 5:01 PM, Aymeric Moizard <address@hidden> wrote:

On Thu, 16 Jul 2009, Harishkumar V wrote:

Hi,

Hi Harishkumar,

I have implemented a UDP/RTP based file transfer using mediastreamer2.
This is very non standard but as it uses RTP as a transport it works
transparently over a SIP network supporting audio and have pretty
good performance.

For this, I have implemented filters to define a decoder and an encoder
dedicated to file exchange. The RTP data contains formatted data to
echange file name and retreive block of files. The decoder acknowledges
the packet (DATA) received so that the encoder will resend all packet
loss.

If you want the standard way, it's much more work: you have to implement
MSRP.

Aymeric

I have ported linphone - 3.1.0 to my ARM based board.
The audio and video chat works fine.

Now, i want to add file transfer component to it, so that users can send and
receive files through the sip call.

Any body have done this on linphone, how to start this and any reference,
help where i can find.
How i can do this, is this possible to accompolish on linphone.

Thanks and Regards,
HarishKumar.V