[Linphone-developers] oddities with Linphone's handling of USB camera /

From: Jim Diamond
Subject: [Linphone-developers] oddities with Linphone's handling of USB camera / microphone
Date: Tue, 7 Jul 2009 18:19:54 -0300

I have a Logitech web cam with a built-in mic which is far superior to
the built-in mic in my laptop (Dell D630).

When using linphone 3.0.0 (yes, I know it isn't the newest, please
read on) if I choose that as the capture input on my laptop, the video
stops working when I next connect.

I am using 3.0.0 because I needed some additional features which I
added (somewhat painfully, since I was/am unfamiliar with the
protocols and the code base) and I don't think all of these features
have made it into the latest release.

Does anyone have any idea why choosing the mic input could cause the
video to get messed up when a call is made?  And, just as importantly,
and idea how it could be fixed?

Thanks very much.

                                Jim