Re: [Linphone-developers] Problem with Linphone 3.1.2 on Blackfin BF536

From: Cameron Barfield
Subject: Re: [Linphone-developers] Problem with Linphone 3.1.2 on Blackfin BF536
Date: Fri, 26 Jun 2009 13:03:53 -0700

Thanks for the tip. Running lsof shows over 1,000 open UDP sockets belonging to
linphone.

I ran a Wireshark trace and the port numbers listed by lsof correspond with the RTP ports in the trace.

I added some more debug printouts and rtp_session_destroy() is being called and the calls to close() for the sockets is succeeding.

Why wouldn't the sockets actually close, though?

Nick Briggs wrote:
I'd suspect that some code is leaking file descriptors, and is hitting the default limit of 1024 open FDs -- i'd look at all the processes (sudo lsof) when it is in this broken state for some process that has an excessive number of FDs. It likely one of the audio related processes that is being provoked by something Linphone is doing, rather than Linphone itself.

Nick Briggs
Palo Alto Research Center