Re: [Linphone-developers] Concurrent Call and Playback

From: Simon Morlat
Subject: Re: [Linphone-developers] Concurrent Call and Playback
Date: Wed, 17 Jun 2009 14:03:39 +0200

Hi Avishek,

You should have a look to mediastreamer2 (the linphone media engine).
The picture are inserted to the outgoing stream by some source filters such  in
nowebcam.c (to send a static picture), msv4l2.c (to send pictures from a
webcam).
These filters are instanciated through the MSWebcam interface (see mswebcam.h).
So what you want to do seems feasable by implementing a new kind of MSWebCam
implementation, with its associated MSFilter that would grab the video from an
X11 window, the one of the video player for example.
It won't be easy, but if you succeed I'll be happy to integrate your patch to
the mainstream sources !

Simon