Re: [Linphone-developers] Bursty rtp traffic

From: Simon Morlat
Subject: Re: [Linphone-developers] Bursty rtp traffic
Date: Tue, 16 Jun 2009 11:53:44 +0200

Hi Vadim,

Unfortunately despite I wrote the original speex-ec filter, I could not follow
the evolutions that were made to it by Aymeric, if I remember to try to solve
the synchronisation nightmare between the two inputs.
I actually do not understand clearly what Aymeric intends to do and thus I
have no idea whether your modifications fixes some real problems.
Maybe you should ask him directly.

My opinion about this echo canceler is that it works very well when these
conditions are met:
- low latency sound card
- delivery of samples chunks at regular, small intervals.
- in case of several soundcards are involved, they must have an accurate clock
(close to 8000 or 16000hz) to be "nearly" synchronous.
This is mostly always the case on linux, due to the overall good quality of
alsa drivers and linux kernel 's real time capabilites.

For bad conditions, it is not clear that a real good solution exists.

Simon