[Linphone-developers] liblinphone and fifos.

From: Matt Gilg
Subject: [Linphone-developers] liblinphone and fifos.
Date: Thu, 2 Apr 2009 11:13:25 -0600

Hello,

I've been using liblinphone to build an interface that uses fifos as
the I/O mechanism for the audio.  (Code snippet below)

//-----------------------
sipCores[i] = linphone_core_new(&linphone_settings, ".sipconfig", NULL);
linphone_core_enable_video(sipCores[i],FALSE,FALSE);
linphone_core_use_files( sipCores[i], TRUE);
linphone_core_set_play_file( sipCores[i], "/ipc/outgoing_voip_sample_fifo");
linphone_core_set_record_file( sipCores[i], "/ipc/incoming_voip_sample_fifo");
//-----------------------

After starting the application, it seems that the core repeatedly
tries to open the ALSA sound device (and fails, because it is
unavailable.)

Terminal Output:
//-------------------------
ortp-warning-We are late of 10093 miliseconds.
ortp-warning-alsa_open_w: Error opening PCM device default

ortp-warning-We are late of 10095 miliseconds.
ortp-warning-alsa_open_w: Error opening PCM device default

ortp-warning-We are late of 10113 miliseconds.
ortp-warning-alsa_open_w: Error opening PCM device default

RTP says that it is running behind, and after 10 seconds the call gets dropped.

Is there a way, via the library or config file, to disable usage of
the ALSA device?

Any help is appreciated!

Thanks,
-Matt