Re: [Linphone-developers] Mediastreamer2: check if a filter is a source

From: Aymeric Moizard
Subject: Re: [Linphone-developers] Mediastreamer2: check if a filter is a source
Date: Tue, 10 Mar 2009 21:39:36 +0100 (CET)

On Tue, 10 Mar 2009, damico wrote:

Hi Aymeric,

Unfortunately the PUMP flag is contained in the description instance and so it is fixed for all instances of a filter. By using this flag I can't use the same filter with different behavior.

What I'm looking for is a way to use two different instances of the same filter like filter or source independently. If I set the PUMP flag for one of two the result is that both filters become sources...

You can declare 2 different filter struct which are using the exact
same methods! The only difference can then be the name of the filter
and 2 MSFilterDesc instead of one.

That should make it?

I'm wondering if my patch is not backward compatible... what are the functionalities that can result broked by applying that patch?

May be 99% backward compatible: some filter probably assume there is a
queue, so if you let them execute as source with no allocated input queue,
they will crash.

Anyway, I was proposing this approach because my goal was a minimal impact in the existing filter and a backward compatibility.

Hope my approach will fit you!

Aymeric

If you prefer I can implement that functionality by another way:
we can copy the flag from all descriptions to filter when they are created and after check the flag in the filter instead the description copy. By that approach we can chose specific flags for any instance of a filter.

Regards

--Michele