[Linphone-developers] G722

From: Vadim Lebedev
Subject: [Linphone-developers] G722
Date: Wed, 28 Jan 2009 19:30:56 +0100

Hello,

We've a following interop problem with G722 codec:

Because of historical reasons the relevant RTP RFC speicifies that when using G722 payload RTP TIMESTAMP should be incremented with 8KHZ frequency even if the REAL sampling rate
is 16KHZ.

As you understand msrtp.c filter is unable to handle this situation,
so we've been thinking about possible enchancements.

One idea that comes to mind is to add a 'rtp_rate' field to Payloadtype structure , and if it is non zero and different from sampling rate to compute adjustement (divider or multiplier) to rtp time stamp.

Any comments on this approach?

Thanks
Vadim