[Linphone-developers] IP Multicast and oRTP

From: Steve Strobel
Subject: [Linphone-developers] IP Multicast and oRTP
Date: Thu, 18 Dec 2008 16:13:44 -0700

I have oRTP working very well sending audio directly between our embedded devices by specifying the IP address of the other device. Next we want to try using them to multicast. Is there anything I need to set up besides the TTL and loopback? Someone monitoring the network said that we were not doing a IGMP join. Is that something oRTP would normally do when a multicast address is specified, or do I need to do something extra? Thanks for any help.

Steve

---
Steve Strobel
Link Communications, Inc.