Re: [Linphone-developers] cannot get my v4l2 webcam to work with linphon

From: Nicolai Lissner
Subject: Re: [Linphone-developers] cannot get my v4l2 webcam to work with linphone
Date: Fri, 5 Dec 2008 23:31:45 +0100

hello again,
found some other users had similar problems with other v4l2
cameras and even other v4l2 applications and managed to solve
these problems with using LD_PRELOAD=/usr/lib/libv4l/v4l1compat.so
and actually this solves my problems with linphone, too.

LD_PRELOAD=/usr/lib/libv4l/v4l1compat.so linphone-3

actually makes my camera work. I don't know details about what
this library does, but its name suggests some compatibility layer
for v4l1? However linphone still shows the device (correctly) as
v4l2, just thought you might wanted to know about this.
It probably will help some other users to make their camera work,
too.

I've also read some users hadn't had any problems with kernels
before 2.6.27 - I didn't verify this, but maybe the kernel
hackers changed something in the API? I'm running kernel-2.6.27.7
here.

:)

best wishes,
Nicolai