[Linphone-developers] cannot get my v4l2 webcam to work with linphone

From: Nicolai Lissner
Subject: [Linphone-developers] cannot get my v4l2 webcam to work with linphone
Date: Sat, 29 Nov 2008 04:43:01 +0100

Hi, and thanks a lot for developing linphone.
It works fine for me, but I can't get my webcam to work with it.
When I try, linphone displays a green screen only in the release
version 3.0.0, so I tried the svn version, but I still get no
image. However, with the svn version the green screen flickers
a lot now - and it flickers different in different resolutions.
I guess linphone doesn't detect the image format correctly, but
this is only a guess, actually I don't really have an idea
why it fails.
The camera is a very cheap noname product driven by the SN9C10
kernel driver which detects an OV7630 image sensor. Actually
the camera works with other V4L2 applications. Well, at least
I get an image then. It still seems to swap RGB to RBG, but
that's another issue and should probably changed in the driver
not the applications.
Any idea what to do to make it work with linphone?
Any additional info needed?
Nicolai