Re: [Linphone-developers] Mediastreamer2 + X264

From: Emmanuel Frecon
Subject: Re: [Linphone-developers] Mediastreamer2 + X264
Date: Wed, 13 Aug 2008 18:27:12 +0200

address@hidden wrote:
On Wed, 13 Aug 2008, Emmanuel Frecon wrote:

Had the same problem yesterday and went for the ugly way:

I removed the gtk branch manually from the makefile, which left me with a linphone-3 binary compiled in the new gtk-glade directory and which was usable. Unfortunately, I couldn't see h264 as a codec choice in the list of video codecs.

How did you remove the gtk branch from the Makefile?

mm. edited the makefile, looked for gtk and remove the two ones that have with dependencies and with sub directories. To be frank, I think that it should be enough to remove the reference to the directory gtk from the SUB_DIRS variable.

This isn't the way to solve the compiling issue. I am new too and was in a hurry. I let you other guys sorting out why. I double check all dependencies, but maybe there are problems left there. Dunno.

Did you go into the mediastreamer2/plugins/msx264 directory and ./autogen, configure, make, make install the plugin?

no I didn't. Will try as soon as I can sit in front of my Linux console again.

<>
Nathan Stratton                                CTO, BlinkMind, Inc.
nathan at robotics.net                         nathan at blinkmind.com
http://www.robotics.net                        http://www.blinkmind.com