[Linphone-developers] Linphone cvs test mit uvc webcam

From: Conrad Beckert
Subject: [Linphone-developers] Linphone cvs test mit uvc webcam
Date: Sun, 13 Apr 2008 16:59:33 +0200

Hi

... just gave the CVS version a new try on my notebook (Acer Travel Mate 5720,
Hardy Heron beta, uvc Crystal Eye webcam)

Well - the progress of the application itself is cool. Its nice to see that the
incoming video might scale - if it only worked.

Anyway. I checked out the latest CVS sources of linphone and the uvc driver
(http://linux-uvc.berlios.de/) and built.

The same, phenomenon: black screen (while the log is slightly different)

linphone
ortp-error-VIDIOC_STREAMON failed: Protocol error

** (linphone:8734): WARNING **: Invalid source !
not yet implemented

The full log is attached as a text file.

BTW:The cam works fine with Kopete though. (which doesn't take me any further)

Anyway. Did anyone succeed to get the 064e:a101 Suyin Corp. or any other uvc
camera working with linphone? How about eee- Users? They must be on uvc cams
too. (as quite a few othe webcams out there)?

Any ideas - any help to my age old notebook problem ?

Thank you for any hints in advance. I'm still dreaming to use my notebook as
videoconf - system.

Kind Regards
Conrad