[Linphone-developers] How to realize DTX with oRTPlib?

From: Машкин С В
Subject: [Linphone-developers] How to realize DTX with oRTPlib?
Date: Fri, 18 Jan 2008 18:27:50 +0300

Hello!

I need to realize support of DTX (Discontinuous Transmission)

with oRTPlib.

But I don't know how to tell oRTP to increment timestamp to

wait next tx-event in session_set_select without sending any

rtp-data. (When VAD module says "silence" I want to send nothing)

Can rtp_session_sendm_with_ts() send nothing when input

argument mp==NULL?

If it can't, may be it is good idea to make the patch?

P.S.: But may be there is standard way to realize DTX with oRTPlib?

Thanks.

Serg Ma