[Linphone-developers] Bug: linphonec fails to determine local IP when no

From: Andreas Pretzsch
Subject: [Linphone-developers] Bug: linphonec fails to determine local IP when no default gateway is set
Date: Mon, 17 Dec 2007 01:03:24 +0100

Versions:
  linphone-2.0.1
  libosip2-3.0.3-2
  libeXosip2-3.0.3-3

Platform is an embedded system, only accessable in the LAN, so there is
no default gw defined (and necessary) in the routing table.

Having no default gateway results in below linphonec warnings:
  DEBUG: [get_output_if] connect: Network is unreachable
  DEBUG: [get_output_if] connect: Network is unreachable
  DEBUG: [get_output_if] connect: Network is unreachable
  ortp-error-Could not find default routable ip address !

Another result is that in the SIP/SDP header contains the loopback IP
instead of the device IP:
  [...]
  From: <sip:address@hidden>
  [...]
  Contact: <sip:address@hidden:5060>
  [...]

This is independent of the contact setting in .linphonec:
  [sip]
  contact=sip:address@hidden

Adding a default gw fixes this behavior.

Calls inside the LAN are still possible without gw, but the headers are
obviously flawed. It seems to work anyway with all tested peers, so I'd
consider this as a minor error.
Currently, I don't have time to track this down, so I'd throw it over to
the public ;-)

--

carpe noctem engineering
Ingenieurbuero fuer Hard- & Software-Entwicklung Andreas Pretzsch