Re: [Linphone-developers] rtp timestamp for video

From: Simon Morlat
Subject: Re: [Linphone-developers] rtp timestamp for video
Date: Fri, 14 Dec 2007 10:31:03 +0100

Hi,

Usually cameras have approximate frames per second values. Incrementing the
timestamp by 90000/30 is not reliable.
You should instead do a gettimeofday each time the camera gives you a frame,
and then send the packet with a timestamp derived from the gettimeofday time.
uint32_t ts=(uint32_t) (current_time_in_milliseconds*90);

Simon