Re: [Linphone-developers] liblinphone: Ringtone from config and sound de

From: Radu Cristescu
Subject: Re: [Linphone-developers] liblinphone: Ringtone from config and sound device
Date: Mon, 26 Nov 2007 19:35:26 +0200

Simon Morlat wrote:
I had a look at alsa documentation and I found awfully difficult the way to list pcm devices (and with no guarantee to get user's customized pcm devices). That 's why I will probably choose the way of giving to linphone a user-supplied pcm name, until the alsa api gets one day simplified...
That would be great. Name it "alsadev", to revive the option with the same name and functionality that existed in Linphone 1.3.5. :)

In 1.3.5 it looked like this when used in linphonerc:

   [sound]
   alsadev=plughw:0

and it applied for all three sound cases: ringing, capture, playback. Of course, it's no problem if three new options appear, one for each case, but it would still be nice to have "alsadev" back.