[Linphone-developers] How to disable RTCP in oRTP?

From: John Pallister
Subject: [Linphone-developers] How to disable RTCP in oRTP?
Date: Thu, 22 Nov 2007 13:19:58 +1300

I am using oRTP to stream G.729-encoded audio to & from an embedded system. It works well so far, and I wanted to say thanks to Simon and the other contributors for such a great package.

We aren't using anything other than "raw" RTP for our application, and the automatic RTCP transmissions are getting in the way. Is there an easy way to disable RTCP, or at least the transmission of RTCP packets?

I have tried the following in my "set up Tx RTP session" code (after the session has been created as RTP_SESSION_SENDONLY):

  rtp_session_set_local_addr(session_, "0.0.0.0", -1);
  if (session_->rtcp.socket>=0) {
    closesocket(session_->rtcp.socket);
    session_->rtcp.socket=-1;
    session_->rtcp.tr=0;
  }
  rtp_session_set_remote_addr(session_,
                              hostname_.c_str(),
                              port_);

But I'm still seeing RTCP packets.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Cheers,

John :^P
P.S. As a data point, I'm using Visual C++ Express on Windows XP.
--
John Pallister