Re: [Linphone-developers] liblinphone: Ringtone from config and sound de

From: Radu Cristescu
Subject: Re: [Linphone-developers] liblinphone: Ringtone from config and sound device
Date: Thu, 15 Nov 2007 18:49:15 +0200

Simon Morlat wrote:
Hi,

Thanks for the feedbacks.
This item is on the TODO list.
My preference would be that linphone lists all pcm devices that are defined in ~/.asoundrc, so that the user can retrieve its customized device. I think there should be a way in libasound to list the pcm devices rather than the soundcards (as mediastreamer2 does).
What do you think ?
Before ALSA 1.0.14, the "aplay -L" command (aplay is found in alsa-utils) used to list all PCMs including the ones defined in ~/.asoundrc and /etc/asound.conf. With ALSA 1.0.14 the listing is different and it doesn't include user-defined PCMs, but in all cases, this is the place to start for enumerating PCMs in my opinion.