[Linphone-developers] linphone for blackfin - size issue

From: Jay Woo
Subject: [Linphone-developers] linphone for blackfin - size issue
Date: Mon, 22 Oct 2007 10:42:31 +0200

Hi,

    I am developing an application that employs linphone to handle voip sessions. The application will be working under uClinux on Blackfin board. Because of the limitations in the available memory in embedded systems, I have to keep linphone as slim as possible.
    The session will only transmit audio data coded with G.711 a-law codec. It does not need any other codecs and no video transmission mechanisms at all.
    As far as I know the coding-decoding part of the source code is included in mediastreamer2 section. I wanted to ask for any suggestions on how to slim the code down and where shall I start doing it.
    Thanks for an answer in advance, it will probably save me hours of running blindly through the source code not knowing where to bite it.

    Best regards,

Julian