Re: [Linphone-developers] No sound in video call

From: Andreas Pretzsch
Subject: Re: [Linphone-developers] No sound in video call
Date: Fri, 12 Oct 2007 16:14:38 +0200

Dear Simon,

I stumbled across similar problems some weeks ago.
Audio/Video-call between linphonec 1.7.1 and Eyebeam 1.5 (WinXP), direct
IP calling in the LAN, so no NAT or whatever in between.
Platform was an embedded Linux with ALSA running on ARM.

Sometimes there was no outgoing audio (no audio rtp packets sent),
incoming audio was perfect. Outgoing video was ok, no incoming video
stream (intentionally none provided by peer).
Terminating the call and reestablish a new call to the same peer without
any change several times lead to a functional connection from time to
time.
I could see no pattern beside that without video it worked always irrc.
Also the bandwidth limits had some influence iirc.
Switching from soundcard to file playback always worked.
Codec negotiation looked good at the first glance.

Just wanted to throw in a "something seems to be not perfect".
I had no time so far to dig deeper, but I definitivly will, as I need to
get this stable. I'll be glad to help tracking this down, but most
probably not before end of November.

BTW, great work, I'll come back to you regarding commercial support as
soon as my customer got out of the evaluation phase.

Best regards,
  Andreas

--

carpe noctem engineering
Ingenieurbuero fuer Hard- & Software-Entwicklung Andreas Pretzsch