Re: [Linphone-developers] Video issue while porting linphone on arm base

From: Simon Morlat
Subject: Re: [Linphone-developers] Video issue while porting linphone on arm based embedded board.
Date: Mon, 25 Jun 2007 15:57:55 +0200

Hi,

The "we are late " messages mean that linphone is out of CPU: the board isn't
processing audio and video enough fast for real-time, which causes discarded
RTP packets.
I recommend you to set bandwidth settings like this (in ~/.linphonerc, I guess
you are using the console version)
[net]
download_bw=128
upload_bw=128
This will force linphone to use low-quality settings to be conformant with the
above bandwidth limitations, and as a consequence, because frame-rate is
lowered, and video size is lowered, it usually consumes much less CPU.

Simon