[Linphone-developers] linphone memory consumption

From: Jean-Paul Saman
Subject: [Linphone-developers] linphone memory consumption
Date: Mon, 18 Jun 2007 10:15:03 +0200 (CEST)

I am using linphone 1.6.0 in an embedded system with limited memory. After
a few days the system crashes because linphone ate all memory, even when
the apps only does registering and linphone_core_iterate.

Linphone seems to allocate ~400 Kb per minute, with a memory of 2MB it
will take ~3.5 days before all system memory is consumed.

Running linphone on my Intel laptop under valgrind, doesn't expose any
memory leaks during running. I expect this to be a list or queue that only
grows but never releases items. Does any of the devs can give me a hint
which of the lists/queues could be responsible for this?

I attached the test program.

---

Grtz,

Jean-Paul Saman