[Linphone-developers] Not knowing the received payload type

From: Nicholas J Humfrey
Subject: [Linphone-developers] Not knowing the received payload type
Date: Wed, 16 May 2007 15:28:59 -0400

Hi,

I am trying to write a client that can receive without knowing the incoming payload type in advance. Is there a way that this can be achieved? Once I have received the first packet I can work out the future timestamps to request... I'm not using SIP/SDP so don't have a description of the payload I am looking for.

Does anyone have any example code using rtp_session_recvm_with_ts() ? I am slightly confused by it returning lots of NULLs, when scheduled&blocking modes are enabled...

I have been thinking that perhaps a 'raw' interface would be useful - that just returnes the first RTP packet received. I might look at making a patch if people think it would be useful.

nick.