[Linphone-developers] OSS driver only producing noise

From: Rune Tevasvold Aune
Subject: [Linphone-developers] OSS driver only producing noise
Date: Mon, 7 May 2007 15:08:56 +0200

Hi

I'm running linphonec on an AVR32 device and have some problems with the
sound. I'm trying to use the OSS driver (emulated by ALSA) as this is known
to work with the same hardware (mplayer use OSS and work perfectly). However
I only get noise when using OSS with linphone, probably due to endian issues
or wrong samplesize (16 vs 8 bit). None of this can be changed in linphone,
and after a quick look at the code it seems as linphone tries to set it up
automatically.

Anyone got any idea about what goes wrong here? I'll probably try to write a
patch to fix this issue, so every tip is welcome :)

Thanks
-Rune