Re: [Linphone-developers] Linphone in 32-bit calculations

From: Simon Morlat
Subject: Re: [Linphone-developers] Linphone in 32-bit calculations
Date: Thu, 5 Apr 2007 20:01:05 +0200

Actually there shouldn't be a significant difference between the soundcard
clock and the system clock.
Having such big difference makes me think that there is serious problem in one
of them.
Timestamp must reflect the sampling instant of the audio, that the PCM sample
number of the first sample when the packet is decoded.
Sequence number is just monotonic counter, it is used to reorder packets,
detect duplicates and lost packets.

Simon