Re: [Linphone-developers] bug with oRTP sessions

From: Simon Morlat
Subject: Re: [Linphone-developers] bug with oRTP sessions
Date: Wed, 6 Dec 2006 13:43:17 +0100

Hello,

I didn't know the OS was able to bind several socket on the same port.
I think you should add to your application the ability to remember what RTP
ports are being used what ports are free.
Otherwise removing the setsockopt() call with SO_REUSEADDR option from
src/rtpsession_inet.c will cause rtp_session_set_local_addr to return an
error if the socket is busy. The drawback is that even if a socket is closed,
you'll not be able to re-use it until a timeout occurs (this is controlled by
the kernel).

Simon