[Linphone-developers] oss driver problem

From: Yao-Chung Chang
Subject: [Linphone-developers] oss driver problem
Date: Wed, 27 Sep 2006 15:17:12 +0800

I use the ring program to test the oss driver, I can hear the ring tone

for a moment and got blocked with the following
messages

drop fragment when buffer gets too much data (xxxx -dicarded:xxx)
drop fragment when buffer gets too much data (xxxx -dicarded:xxx)
drop fragment when buffer gets too much data (xxxx -dicarded:xxx)
drop fragment when buffer gets too much data (xxxx -dicarded:xxx)

I've traced the code in oss_thread , and found it got blocked at

int sz = read(d->pcmfd, rtmpbuff, bsize);

if (sz!=bsize) ms_warning ("sound device read returned %i !", sz);

Since ring didn't create any soundcard reader, why the snippet of code

just keep reading from the sound device?

As I know, oss has some problems, especially in embedded linux, how

do I solve this problem?

       Regards,
                ycchang