[Linphone-developers] Speex AEC in WB mode linphone 1.4.0

From: Jean-Christophe . Berge
Subject: [Linphone-developers] Speex AEC in WB mode linphone 1.4.0
Date: Wed, 20 Sep 2006 10:10:44 +0200 (CEST)

Hello,(It is my first post)

I just tried the latest linphone version (1.4.0) which include Speex NB
and WB and the possibility to use speex AEC.

Unfortunatly, I found that the AEC does not work well with WB mode.
(it seams like the AEC cut the wrong signal !)

Does anybady succeed in making the AEC working with speex WB ?

I found that the use of a tail length of 2048 and a framesize of 128 to
initialize the AEC seems to be too short for WB mode. thus, as recommended
in the speex manual, I replaced them with a 3200 tail length and a 320
frame size.
I also modified in "speex_ec_init"
s->den = speex_preprocess_state_init(s->framesize, 16000); (WB mode...)

But it still doesn't work...

Does anybody have an idea of how to make this speex AEC work in WB mode ?

Thanks for your help
Sorry for my English