Re: [Linphone-developers] Removing requirement for audio device

From: Edwin Cordeiro
Subject: Re: [Linphone-developers] Removing requirement for audio device
Date: Tue, 22 Aug 2006 18:16:44 -0300

Greg,

I was trying to make it, but I have got no good news for you... There is a lot of code that try to use the system sound, not only to send and receive but for configuration too, I tried to eliminate then but its look like much more difficulty then I thought. I'm not with the code I have made the changes, but I will send you the day after tomorrow. And the first place to start is change on linphonecore on the the function
linphone_core_start_media_streams(LinphoneCore *lc, LinphoneCall *call) changing the line
lc->audiostream=audio_stream_start_with_sndcards(call->profile,audio_params->localport,audio_params->remoteaddr,audio_params->remoteport,audio_params->pt,jitt_comp,playcard,captcard,linphone_core_echo_cancelation_enabled(lc));
of the linphonecore.c for the line
lc->audiostream=audio_stream_start_with_files(call->profile,audio_params->localport,audio_params->remoteaddr,audio_params->remoteport,audio_params->pt,jitt_comp,output,input);
The function audio_stream_start_with_files is the one that sipomatic uses and get and send audio to files correctly.
I was really thinking on build another sipphone with the same libraries that linphone uses but with less resources and without support to sound system, because I think it would fit better to my embedded system if I could have less dependencies and a smaller sipphone, a friend of mine was thinking to help me on this work and if you were interested we could make it together.

See you,
Edwin Cordeiro
http://edwinsc.googlepages.com