[Linphone-developers] Removing requirement for audio device

From: Greg Lee
Subject: [Linphone-developers] Removing requirement for audio device
Date: Tue, 22 Aug 2006 18:28:24 +0100

Hello.  I am considering using linphone to automatically generate call traffic.
 I have
already cross-compiled linphone for the platform that I am using and have run
the
application and successfully placed calls.  Now I need to make some
modifications to
linphone in order to eliminate access to audio devices (mic and speaker) and
replace them
with static files that contain audio to be transmitted and then audio recorded
at the
other end.  Again, there will be no hardware audio devices used, just read and
write to
files.

Before I start on this I thought I would ask:

1) Has anyone already done something like this?  If so, would you be willing to
share your
code?

2) Does anyone have a recommendations/warnings before I begin this work?

Thanks,
Greg