[Linphone-developers] Running two simultaneous linphones

From: Asim Jamshed
Subject: [Linphone-developers] Running two simultaneous linphones
Date: Fri, 12 May 2006 11:18:55 +0500

Hello,

I have modified my linphonec(1.3.1) source so that the audio stream
received is directly passed to the file filter so that the linphonec
acts as an answering machine. During performance testing and analysis,
I had to run two separate instances of linphonec (with sip_ports: 601
& 600) in the same machine.. and made calls on both the clients
simultaneously. The audio stream progressively gets recorded on the
first linphonec just fine, as long as I have not opted to answer the
call on the second linphonec. Once I accept the second incoming call,
the first linphonec blocks, while the second linphonec also fails to
record any data.

I tried to trace the problem; apparently, everytihng ceases when the
sip protocol is executed for the second instance.

File: coreapi/linphonecore.c
Function: linphone_core_accept_call

Code snippet:

   sdpmesg=lc->call->sdpctx->answerstr;    /* takes the sdp already computed*/
   eXosip_lock();
   eXosip_answer_call_with_body(lc->call->did,200,"application/sdp",sdpmesg);
   eXosip_unlock();
   lc->vtable.display_status(lc,connected);

Any ideas?

Regards