[Linphone-developers] ChangeLog and NEWS files

From: strk
Subject: [Linphone-developers] ChangeLog and NEWS files
Date: Fri, 5 May 2006 18:33:56 +0200

I've seen that the ChangeLog file is being
updated to be like the NEWS file should be:
one chapter each release.

The NEWS file, on the other end, is empty.

I suggest we follow GNU guidelines for these
files. Don't have the url handy, but you
can search for GNU coding style online.

Briefly, ChangeLog should contain detailed
log of who changed what, when and why, while
the NEWS file shoudl report a summary for
every release.

--strk;

 /"\    ASCII Ribbon Campaign
 \ /    Respect for low technology.
  X     Keep e-mail messages readable by any computer system.
 / \    Keep it ASCII.