Re: [Linphone-developers] sound card block size different.

From: Kosta Welke
Subject: Re: [Linphone-developers] sound card block size different.
Date: Fri, 10 Mar 2006 22:44:42 +0100

Simon Morlat wrote:

> I do not understand your patch; but I agree that my code is not very
> optimal too. I'm currently rewriting mediastreamer (see
> mediastreamer2) and I do more use this algorithm.

The problem on my embedded system was that r->ts+ts_inc and clockts always differed. The former wanted to increase the ts by 160 every time, while the latter did 80, 0, 80 all the time, to increase by >2500 at once, and then back to 80, 0, 80. In the end, both constant ts_inc increase and tsclock came to the same total increase.

However, the existing code made the 160 increments all the time, and then also increased by >2500.

My code always uses clockts, but forces a increase by at least ts_inc/4. This smoothens it on my system to 80, 40, 40.

Of course, that isnt very optimal either... its "works for me" code. I primarily posted it because it seemed that others had problems with linphonec on embedded systems, too.

Kosta