[Linphone-developers] rtp_session_recv_with_ts and buffer length

From: Nicholas J Humfrey
Subject: [Linphone-developers] rtp_session_recv_with_ts and buffer length
Date: Thu, 16 Feb 2006 22:25:51 +0000

Hi,

I have been calling rtp_session_recv_with_ts (with scheduling and blocking mode turned on) with a buffer bigger than I am actually expecting data for. eg (passing a 1024 byte buffer, when expecting 160 PCMU bytes back).

I was expecting to only get enough data for the timestamp I was asking for, but instead it seems to be giving me more data than I was expecting and then later getting confused that it doesn't have enough data for me and dropping out.

Is this a bug or a feature? I was hoping to only have to think about timestamps and like oRTP work out how much data there is available for that timestamp....

Thanks,

nick.