Re: [Linphone-developers] g_warning vs. vtable.display_warning

From: Simon Morlat
Subject: Re: [Linphone-developers] g_warning vs. vtable.display_warning
Date: Fri, 27 Jan 2006 00:20:01 +0100

Le Jeudi 26 Janvier 2006 11:26, strk a écrit :
> Having done some more tests I'm convinced linphone core
> should use its own warning/message/error functions.

The logging system is a problematic applicable to any kind of software, so it
does not have its place into the LinphoneCore object.
The glib has an api for tracing (g_message/g_warning/g_error/g_log) which is
quite good. It even allows the user of this api to set a logger function,
that every g_message/g_warning/g_error will call to display the message once
it is formatted. The api allows also to set the verbosity level by
enabling/disabling messages according to their type (message/warning/error),
or their logging domain.

So I really think we should not keep logging api and user interaction
distinct.
The logging api displays things for the developer or the bug hunter while the
LinphoneCore api displays things about the calls/registration and so on for
the end user only.

Simon