[Linphone-developers] G729 and linphone

From: José Luis
Subject: [Linphone-developers] G729 and linphone
Date: Wed, 21 Dec 2005 18:38:33 +0100

Hello,

I have the oportunity to try a "standar" sip phone carrier account, and I´d like to try this in a linux enviroment. I´ve seen that linphome seems the most advanced GPL infrastructure to make this (GPL, new plugin codec architecture, other softphone based on linphone libs (gaim, gnomephone, ...)

My problem is that I need to test this with g729, and I don´t know how to try this. I have a few binary files for my CPU downloaded from asterix stuff, but I dont know if is as simple as put the .so file on plugins.

I know the patent and royalty considetarions, but this is only a test enviroment, and I would like to show  this sipphone working in linux in order to compare to the MS-Windows softphone is same conditions (same codec and payload).

Thanks in advance.