[Linphone-developers] Fwd: Linphone patch - multiple frames in RTP packe

From: Simon Morlat
Subject: [Linphone-developers] Fwd: Linphone patch - multiple frames in RTP packet
Date: Wed, 24 Aug 2005 23:25:52 +0200

Hello,

I receive this email about using linphone against Liknsys/Sipura ATA.

Simon
--- Begin Message --- Subject: Linphone patch - multiple frames in RTP packet Date: Thu, 18 Aug 2005 12:38:23 +0200
I've been experimenting with Linphone 1.1pre2 a little bit - conecting
with Liknsys/Sipura ATA and Asterisk.

1. ATA get's confused by 101 response - I've changed that to 180 it it
works perfectly.

2. I wanted to be able to send multiple voice frames in single RTP
packet (to lower RTP overhead) - e.g. single 60ms RTP packet containing
2 iLBC 30ms frames.
I've added new fields to MSRtpSend to support that, and also moved the
bytes_per_compressed_frame from ILBC to MSFilter - so that RTPSend can
calculate payload size also for dynamic codec like iLBC.
Framing is currently fixed to 2, but this should be quite easy to make
it configurable.

Waclaw Sierek

--- End Message ---