[Linphone-developers] Bad audio quality for linphone on Bulverde PXA270

From: Ojas Pipalia
Subject: [Linphone-developers] Bad audio quality for linphone on Bulverde PXA270
Date: Mon, 11 Jul 2005 12:30:37 +0530

Hi,

I have installed linphone-1.0.1 on Bulverde PXA270 board alongwith
libosip2-2.2.0 and speex-1.1.8.There are no problems cross-compiling
the application but when I run the application linphonec(console
version)
and try talking with linphonec on a normal linux machine (with
alsa-drivers) the audio quality is very poor.Ringing on both sides
goes well but while talking I get cutted and heavy voice along with
some delay.I do not have alsa-drivers installed on the board but have
them on the linux machine.

Is this the real problem of not having alsa-drivers on the board?
or something else is creating the problem?

How can I install alsa-drivers on the board?
Is it really needed?

Can anyone throw any light on this?

Regards,
Ojas