[Linphone-developers] MSFilter

From: Eduardo Bezerra
Subject: [Linphone-developers] MSFilter
Date: Wed, 25 May 2005 12:11:05 -0400

Hi all,

   I'm trying to understand how the encode/decode process works.
   In the mediastreamer/audiostrem.c, in the audio_stream_start_full function, we can see the sequence:

    ms_filter_add_link(stream->soundread,stream->encoder);
    ms_filter_add_link(stream->encoder,stream->rtpsend);
    ms_filter_add_link(stream->rtprecv,stream->decoder);
    ms_filter_add_link(stream->decoder,stream->soundwrite);

    I think that this creates two flow:
1.  DSP MIC -> encoder -> RTP sender
2.  RTP receiver -> decoder -> DSP output

   But, where is exactly the calls from the soundread MSFilter to the Encoder? What is the buffer shared
between them? The same doubt is applied to the links:
a. between the enconder and the rtpsend,
b. between rtprecv and the decoder
c. between the decoder and the soundwrite

  I coundn't understand how it works? Is it in the process function from oss_card_*?

Thanks,

Eduardo Bezerra Valentin