Re: [Linphone-developers] PKG_EXT forbidden m4 pattern + ilbc not found

From: Nicola Baldo
Subject: Re: [Linphone-developers] PKG_EXT forbidden m4 pattern + ilbc not found but linked
Date: Wed, 25 May 2005 00:17:42 +0200

Nicola Baldo wrote:
>> I had a look at ilbc.m4, and it seems that the intended behaviour is
>> to NOT link ilbc if it's not detected.

Simon Morlat wrote:
Concerning the ilbc support, it's still experimental and I did not checked that my build script were working correctly in all case.

Perhaps I've found a fix, I got the inspiration from the code in osip.m4 where probably a similar problem was found.

This is the fix I applied to ilbc.m4:

dnl AC_CHECK_LIB adds ilbc to LIBS, I don't want that !
LIBS_save=$LIBS
AC_CHECK_HEADERS(iLBC_decode.h,[AC_CHECK_LIB(ilbc,iLBC_decode,ilbc_found=yes,ilbc_found=no)
],ilbc_found=no)
LIBS=$LIBS_save

Now I get the correct behaviour, i.e. ilbc is not linked if it is not found at configure time.

Regards,

Nicola