Re: [Linphone-developers] incoming call, audio, behind NAT

From: Rick Sewill
Subject: Re: [Linphone-developers] incoming call, audio, behind NAT
Date: Sun, 27 Mar 2005 13:55:47 -0600

Sailabh,

I apologize.  I meant to send my reply to the list.
In my intial response, I only replied to you.

On Sun, Mar 27, 2005 at 01:36:02AM -0800, Shailabh... wrote:
> Hi rick,
> You mean by patching this code with the linphone the NAT isssue is taken care
> of???
> Regards,
> Shailabh

I think so.  As I said, I do not know the code well enough to know
that I haven't broken something.  I do not know the code well enough
to know if there is a better way to fix the problem.

What I do know is, with the patch, I can receive audio when I ask
freeworlddialup to call me, whereas, before, I could not.

I would ask others to try this patch.  I expect Simon Morlat will look
at this patch and tell us what is wrong with this patch when he gets
back from vacation.  I will only use this patch until Simon creates an
official fix, at which time, I will upgrade to his latest code.

I have not run into any problem (that I know of) with this patch.
I am new to VoIP and SIP.

-Rick

--
Rick Sewill                      Phone/FAX: +1-218-287-1075
E-mail: address@hidden    Cell Phone: +1-701-866-0266