Re: [Linphone-developers] patch + suggestions

From: x y
Subject: Re: [Linphone-developers] patch + suggestions
Date: Thu, 17 Mar 2005 05:28:41 +0100

Simon Morlat wrote:

>Thanks a lot.
>I've sent the patch to the author of eXosip, it will be merged as soon as
>possible.

[...]

>Simon
>
>Le Mercredi 9 Février 2005 21:05, Taco Witte a écrit :
>> Hi Linphone developers,
>>
>> After almost giving up I found out (inspired by [1]) that the
>> "Cisco-SIPGateway/IOS-12.x" server used by Nikotel.com sends "MD5"
>> instead of MD5 during the authentication procedure. I'd suggest the
>> attached patch (against 1.0.0pre8) to make it work.
>>
>> [1]
>>http://faq.nikotel.de/index.php?sid=458686&aktion=artikel&rubrik=018006&id=138&lang=en&highlight=linux

Hello,

I have the same problem with my provider, who uses Sip EXpress Router.
( http://www.iptel.org/ser/ )

SER also sends "MD5" instead of MD5, and i have inspired by the same
website to look at the packages it sends to Linphone.

If I'm correct there is no fix in the Linphone CVS yet, to allow it
overcome this small problem.

I have patched my Linphone so I can use it now, but could you please
tell me anything about making it official? Or maybe you refuse to
implement the "fix" due to its standard non-compliance? That wouldn't
be a good situation from the end user point of view, because other
clients allow broken servers to send quotes, so there is "no big
problem" for the VOIP providers, so they won't fix it/deploy fixed
servers. (Which needs the server software to be fixed in the first
place, which just adds to the long wait of the end user.)

So would really appreciate if you would implement this 2 line long "fix",

thanx in advance, regnab

(pls CC me the replies, i'm not subscribed)